Family Hui …
- Supports parents/caregivers through community-based family groups facilitated by trained peer leaders;
- Encourages parents and caregivers in an atmosphere of mutual respect to raise their children with loving guidance;
- Empowers parents/caregivers by sharing experiences, knowledge, and community resources.
Family Hui Provides …
- 12-week Positive Parenting groups with trained peer facilitators
- The Family Hui Handbook filled with wisdom and information to support you and your family
- Family resource referrals and materials
- Parenting tips and updates on advances in childhood development
- Parent Education Workshops, including educational lectures by guest speakers (TBA)
- Quarterly parent-child Interactive Play Days at which children learn through peer play and play with parent/caregivers, and parents/caregivers bond with and learn from each other
- An opportunity for you and your child to make friends and create a caring community
Family Hui builds and expands on the very successful Hawai’i based Baby Hui program, which served Hawai’i’s families for over 30 years. Joan Kreeger, a social worker with the Hawai’i State Department of Health and Lea Ann Mitchell, a member of the Junior League of Honolulu founded the former Baby Hui in 1982. Family Hui updated the program materials, expanded the program to serve families with children 0-5, and incorporated a school readiness component.
Family Hui is a program of Lead4Tomorrow, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization empowering leaders today for a better tomorrow. Learn more at: www.lead4tomorrow.org